[Toybox] dd in toybox?

scsijon scsijon at lamiaworks.com.au
Mon Jul 8 20:41:18 PDT 2019

I was wondering if you would consider adding parts of ddfldd
(https://linuxx.info/dcfldd/, https://linux.die.net/man/1/dcfldd and
http://dcfldd.sourceforge.net/) rather than having just the ordinary dd
'bits' to your dd implementation if possible? I know it's not new, but
the extra operands "pattern, textpattern and errlog" at least seem to be
somewhat more than just clearly usefull, with maybe the pair "hash and
hashwindow" also if possible. Or do you have some other way we can deal
with these combined functions easily?

And as usual, i'll state that i'm not a coder nowadays, just a builder
with a 3d perspective outlook, I can't give you a patch, just an idea
for someone to work with. :-)}

regards and keep up the good fight.