[Toybox] FYI

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Mar 6 10:25:58 PST 2019

Not 100% sure my explanation's right at the end there:

  https://github.com/landley/toybox/issues/122

I should probably provide some prebuilt binaries built with the NDK along with
the musl ones... except A) there's historically been some stuff missing that the
NDK couldn't build (lack of header and/or static library support), B) installing
it on android in a useful way would require a special tool running as root.

Rob

P.S. I recently installed an android-x86 VM to play around with Oreo more, but
dunno how to rebuild it from source yet. (This runs in stock QEMU, which the
AOSP one didn't want to last I checked. I'd really like to rebuild this from
source but I only have 38 gigs free on my laptop at the moment and downloading a
fresh AOSP through phone tethering would take about 6 days. I should be back in
Austin in a couple weeks. A couple days ago a link wandered by to LineageOS
having better support for old phones in their new release... but not as old as
my Nexus 5. Sigh...)