[Toybox] FYI

enh enh at google.com
Fri Mar 8 11:56:15 PST 2019

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 10:26 AM Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> Not 100% sure my explanation's right at the end there:
>
>   https://github.com/landley/toybox/issues/122

pretty much. just the extra seccomp gotcha missing.

> I should probably provide some prebuilt binaries built with the NDK along with
> the musl ones... except A) there's historically been some stuff missing that the
> NDK couldn't build (lack of header and/or static library support),

r19's libc.a should be good enough. it has C11's timespec_get but is
missing pthread_sigqueue and getloadavg, so it's "Q-ish" which is what
you'd expect from its release date. (see
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/bionic/+/master/docs/status.md
for details of what appeared when.)

> B) installing
> it on android in a useful way would require a special tool running as root.

yeah, SELinux isn't going away any time soon... i've never really
understood what these folks are doing that they feel like they need a
new toybox but they're not actually building their own system image.