[Toybox] Did I mention why I didn't implement out of tree build?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Nov 13 19:09:40 PST 2019

On 11/13/19 9:00 AM, Andrew Ilijic wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> I saw this email and thought this patch might help make
> `relative_path()` better.

Ok, let's see...

> https://www.mail-archive.com/toybox@lists.landley.net/msg06136.html
> On 08 Nov 2019 18:27:44 -0800, Rob via Toybox wrote:
>> In theory if you're using toybox cp you can use a relative path, which was part
>> of why I did relative_path but darn it it's STILL broken:

$ cd ~/toybox/toybox
$ make cp
$ mkdir sub
$ cd sub
$ ../cp -rs ../www/. .
$ ls -l roadmap.html
lrwxrwxrwx 1 landley landley 24 Nov 13 21:04 roadmap.html ->
../../www/./roadmap.html

Nope, it's still a broken red link with an extra .. in front of it.

Do you have a test case of what this fixes? (The current toybox realpath hasn't
got --relative-to...)