[Toybox] Did I mention why I didn't implement out of tree build?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Nov 14 19:08:09 PST 2019

On 11/14/19 6:58 PM, Denys Nykula wrote:
>> The strange thing is that the binutils, gcc & musl lists don't seem to
>> cause gmail to barf nearly as much as the toybox list does.

Dreamhost _also_ sucks. It's the interaction of gmail and dreamhost that becomes
truly pathological.

> Mail-tester complains this way about this list server, rating its
> likeliness of reaching destination as 32%:
>
>> Listed in SORBS (last 28 days) http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml
>> Yellow listed in Hostkarma http://ipadmin.junkemailfilter.com/remove.php
>
>> You may want to publish a DNS record (MX type) for the domain name lists.landley.net or use a different bounce email address.

It's dreamhost handling all that automatically. If I had any control over it I'd
have https: on the lists site so I could perform moderation without sending the
list password unencrypted through http.

(See also "every couple years the web archive stops working and they lose a
month of messages resetting it", ala https://landley.net/dreamhost.txt and
https://landley.net/dreamhost2.txt and...)