[Toybox] Fwd: build help please with toybox

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Nov 24 02:16:44 PST 2019

On 11/23/19 2:55 PM, scsijon wrote:
>> You've seen scripts/mkroot.sh?
>>

> I thought this was still in alpha,

The script isn't, but bits of toybox it leans on are.

The PENDING list in scripts/install.sh (part of make install_airlock) is the
list of stuff it still needs in order to build itself.

But there are two commands (sh and route) that the toybox init script needs in
order to boot itself, you can switch them on out of pending but toysh can't run
the init script yet. (That's what I was working on before ELC, and I haven't
properly gotten back to it since...)

> I shall LOOK, if it does what I need to start
> my idea (somewhat vague at this pointy end) with.

Up to you, doesn't make a difference to me either way.

> I may just change over and the
> other stuff can arcchive. However i'd really like to let them have a toybox
> version anyway, even if they don't use it.

The lack of toysh has been significantly limiting. Working on it.