[Toybox] Fwd: build help please with toybox

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Nov 25 00:30:11 PST 2019

On 11/24/19 2:29 PM, scsijon wrote:
>> That's what the 511 lines do.
>>
> I'm not knocking it in any way, nor did I say I wouldn't use it when I get
> things somewhat resolved in my mind, it's just not what i'm looking for with
> what's in my mind at this point.

The point is "here's a working example from which you can learn to do your own
thing".

>>> but may use it
>>> after i've started to sort out what I "really want it to do", rather than "I
>>> think I would like it to be able to do it this way".
>>>
>>> Got 3 projects 'floating in the air' at present, (sound familiar anyone,) and
>>> this is the 'new' one and it's very airy-fairy at this point. It's come out of
>>> my musl/clang/llvm-no_gcc_etc project in a fourth dimension direction, not even
>>> talkable to myself at the moment, just a hash of ideas.
>>
>> It'd be nice if a modern https://ellcc.org happened. :(
>
> this site is bringing alarms up in firefox, Potential Security Risk>

Translation: it doesn't support https, just http, but I type the s out of habit
these days.

> Websites prove their identity via certificates, which are valid for a set time
> period. The certificate for ellcc.org expired on 7/11/2018.
>
> Error code: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT
>
> Could not verify this certificate because the issuer is unknown!
>
> not sure what's going on or what it's about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-signed_certificate

But if you click through the warning it's a "welcome to whatever web server this
is" page, gotta take off the s and do http to see the site.