[Toybox] Fwd: hexedit uses VT-420 scroll ctrl sequences which dont work on tty1

Robert Thompson robertt.thompson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 07:02:09 PDT 2019

That all works in screen, at least to some extent. Years ago I discovered I
could write a script and connect its stdin to the stdout of whatever was in
the screen, and vice versa. I think what led me to the discovery was
someone's description of how to do zmodem over SSH to a network switch (it
treated SSH like it was the serial console, expected zmodem for firmware
updates, and made no attempt to support scp).

For that matter, screen can be a pretty good substitute for picocom (and
it's commonly available everywhere). I believe that tmux removed direct
serial (and raw pty?) support in an attempt to create a more maintainable
codebase.