[Toybox] My ELC talk apparently isn't going on Youtube.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Sep 13 12:29:20 PDT 2019

Instead the Linux Foundation put it up PAY PER VIEW. (No, I don't get the money.
No, I haven't seen the recording.)

I'm not posting the link because I don't want to encourage them. I'm guessing
this is why all the 2015 talks went down from youtube
(https://elinux.org/ELC_2015_Presentations). I have a copy of my 2013 talk and
if THAT goes down from youtube I can post it on my website.

Did you know the Linux Foundation isn't a 501c3? It's a 501c6 "trade
association", the same type of legal entity as the Tobacco Institute and
Microsoft's old "don't copy that floppy" initiative. And now that Microsoft is a
_member_, they're being... grabby.

Rob

P.S. Meanwhile, not to be outdone, the FSF's founder recently came out in
defense of Epstein
https://medium.com/@selamie/remove-richard-stallman-fec6ec210794 so there's
that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBUY-m_x008