[Toybox] My ELC talk apparently isn't going on Youtube.

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Fri Sep 13 20:32:48 PDT 2019

There was a big mixup at LF, and things are getting straightened out. I am told that the ELC videos from this year will be put on YouTube and will be freely available. Also, the Linux Foundation is working to restore videos from 2015 and 2016 that were deleted by mistake. I'm not sure how long it will take, but I'll make an announcement on elc-announce when the dust settles. Sorry for the confusion and churn.
  - - Tim

Sent from Workspace ONE Boxer

On Sep 13, 2019 9:39 PM, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
On 9/13/19 2:29 PM, Rob Landley wrote:
> Instead the Linux Foundation put it up PAY PER VIEW. (No, I don't get the money.
> No, I haven't seen the recording.)

Ok, they say it's not intentional but two separate mistakes happening at the
same time by coincidence:

https://twitter.com/linuxfoundation/status/1172600324135116801
https://twitter.com/linuxfoundation/status/1172604444820664320

There's a "watch free" button on the left (while it asks for $5), and they've
put the older videos up on a different youtube channel (which they link to). We
need to get the the https://elinux.org/ELC_2015_Presentations wiki page updated
to point to the new locations for those older videos. (I just got j-core.org
update access back yesterday, so I can fix that one, which is how I noticed...)

Sorry for the false alarm. Still got a cold that's making it hard to think
straight...