[Toybox] watchdog: Can't call daemon() on nommu

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Oct 21 23:48:14 PDT 2020

On 10/21/20 4:24 AM, Patrick Oppenlander wrote:
> Sure, but..
>
> $ watchdog -F &
>
> works on nommu

Yes, but fork() and daemon() shouldn't be available on nommu systems (they
_can't_ succeed) and you can only compile time probe fore them if it's a build
break.

I have a todo item to make some variant of xdaemon() plumbing that works on
nommu by relaunching the command, but I haven't gotten around to it yet because
I'm back in tokyo at $DAYJOB.

> Also, watchdog -F is pretty useful as a quick test for newly developed
> watchdog drivers on nommu platforms.

I agree it should be supported. Eventually nothing should depend on TOYBOX_FORK,
I need to fix up all of those to work on nommu properly.