[Toybox] Kernighan's awk repo

enh enh at google.com
Tue Aug 10 13:44:58 PDT 2021

well, my lawyers are happy either way, as evidenced by the fact we've been
shipping it for years :-)

for smaller organizations that don't have the time/money to investigate a
bazillion licenses though, MIT is a lot more mainstream and a lot more
likely to be on everyone's approved list. but, yeah, IANAL so i don't know
what (if anything) the comments in the awk source mean.

inferno was relicensed MIT recently too, but their awk still has the lucent
license: https://bitbucket.org/inferno-os/inferno-os/src/master/utils/awk/

hmm... what i _should_ be doing while i'm thinking about it is updating
AOSP's copy of one-true-awk. so if you'll excuse me, i'll be on my way :-)