[Toybox] Pending todoness.

enh enh at google.com
Tue Sep 28 16:36:20 PDT 2021

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 4:31 PM Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> On 9/28/21 11:55 AM, enh wrote:
> > Thoughts/explanation of how I misunderstood what you were asking here? (We build
> > uname for macOS host builds, so I can't sync toybox if uname doesn't build.)
>
> (Explanation: now that uname.c doesn't have any other #ifdefs in it, I wanted to
> fix this in portability.h. That's why I didn't just apply your patch. I didn't
> know macos #defines __linux__.)

it doesn't.

> For some reason, the previous commit doesn't have a little check mark OR a
> little X next to it in the github web view for me...? (The new one does.)

yeah, i don't know how that works. sometimes it skips commits. rate
limiting? busy with other stuff?

> And I pushed a 'maybe this fixes it' commit to the mactest branch and that
> doesn't have a test run either? (It's had 10 minutes. make clean && time make"
> on my laptop takes just under 12 seconds, and this model was introduced in 2012.)

i _think_ the guy who set this up (apologies to him if he's reading
--- i'm terrible with names) set it up for the master branch, not all
branches? that's certainly how the toybox.yml file reads to me (search
for `branches`).

> Do I need to do something to convince it to run a test build? Like touch a file
> in the www directory perhaps?

i think you can just push to master? or give me the copy & paste to
pull the other branch. is it -b or is that just repo? yeah, it's -b
just like repo...

no, that's still broken because it was the PER_LINUX32 typo mentioned
in my previous mail that was the problem, not the #ifdef :-)