[Toybox] FYI, I didn't get those last two patches...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Jul 19 05:48:11 PDT 2022

For some reason gmail's insane spam filter has gone extra-loopy recently and has
unsubscribed all gmail users from the list three times in the past week.

Gmail's broken spam filtering here is not the "winds up in spam" kind, it's the
"refuses delivery repeatedly until mailman disables the mailbox as broken" kind.
The annoying part is how gmail takes your choice about whether or not to receive
this message away from you because it thinks it knows better than you do, and
thus you can't fix/teach it, or even see it's doing it except via side effects
like this.

Unfortunately, mailman doesn't HOLD pending mail while you're unsubscribed, and
you didn't cc: me on your two most recent patches, so I had to fish them out of
the web archive. (Yeah, my fault for not having moved my mail off gmail yet, but
just FYI. Luckily, I'm in the habit of checking said archive or stuff I missed.
And luckily, the archive hasn't broken again recently...)

Rob

P.S. If you overlap enough different online services performing redundantly, you
can sort of get something almost like reliably.