[Toybox] Navigating googlesource?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Apr 6 08:52:38 PDT 2023

On 4/6/23 09:55, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 4/5/23 17:13, Yifan Hong wrote:
>> Hello Rob Landley,
>>
>> The hack has not been reverted yet, but I'll do this immediately
>> (https://android-review.git.corp.google.com/c/kernel/build/+/2525840). I'll
>> also revert other hacks.
>>
>> A separate issue I see with the prebuilt tar is that it doesn't seem to extract
>> a single file prefixed with `./`. This is best illustrated with the following
>> example (see attached repro.sh and result.txt)
>>
>> That is, if an archive contains `./foo` as a entry, then extracting with `tar xf
>> foo.tar.gz ./foo` doesn't seem to extract the file properly.
>
> Huh, looks like I broke that since the 0.8.9 release. And what's _really_ weird is:
>
> $ ./tar cv ./README > fweep.tar
> ./README
> $ ./tar tv ./README < fweep.tar
> $ ./tar cv ./README | ./tar tv ./README
> ./README
>
> Doesn't work when written to/from a file but does when piping between two
> processes? Something to do with the changed exit path  maybe? I wonder what
> strace says...
>
> openat(AT_FDCWD, "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_nis.so.2", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
> socket(AF_UNIX, SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_CLOEXEC|SOCK_NONBLOCK, 0) = 3
> connect(3, {sa_family=AF_UNIX, sun_path="/var/run/nscd/socket"}, 110) = -1
> ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> openat(AT_FDCWD, "/etc/passwd", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
>
> I hate glibc.
>
>> Could you please take a look? Thanks!
>
> Looking...

Sorry for the delay, slack stopped working with debian "oldstable"'s version of
chrome (big fullscreen "too old" tantrum page), and I went down a rathole of
asking #devuan IRC why a newer one wasn't in the backports repo, and they
forwarded me to the Debian guys who said Google's builds are too brittle to even
_try_ building chromium on anything but the newest release with all the current
compilers and libraries. So I have to do a major OS version update before I can
use slack on my laptop again, and confirming that took a while. (I miss static
binaries.)

Anyway, I broke this adding the --wildcard stuff, commit 24133d5e23d7 should fix
it. Sorry about that...