[Toybox] fyi, git.c code review comments

enh enh at google.com
Wed Jan 18 07:37:34 PST 2023

On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 3:14 AM Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> On 1/17/23 20:00, enh via Toybox wrote:
> > fyi, there were some fly-by code review comments against git.c when i
> did the
> > last toybox update:
> >

> https://android-review.googlesource.com/c/platform/external/toybox/+/2385040?tab=comments
> >
> > (i'm assuming moritz reads the list?)
>
> In theory, yes.
>
> I've done some very simple code style cleanup, but detoured into reading
> the gif
> file format docs before trying to work out object lifetime rules, and it's
> now
> like 6 things down on my stack because interrupts... :)
>
> (Pending. It's there for a reason. Seems like a good start though...)

yeah, i just thought that since moritz is learning C, he'd be interested in
trying to fix those things himself.

(to go with the already-given advice of "use asan", it's also probably
worth suggesting he try coverage builds too, to know which parts of the
code have/haven't been executed during testing.)