[Aboriginal] The hw- target stuff is probably bit-rotted.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Apr 18 17:37:07 PDT 2011

I'm trying to figure out how much I care.  I myself have never really
used it.  (I've got a Tin Can Tools hammer board I haven't tested this
year, it's on the dining room table under a pile of papers.)  And I
don't regularly hear from other people using it either...

Over the weekend I broke up system-image.sh, factoring out
linux-kernel.sh and root-image.sh.  The third script combines the output
of those two (ala root-filesystem.sh) and also writes the qemu launch
scripts.

I was a bit unsure about having linux-kernel.sh and root-image.sh create
tarballs (not much point, it's one file each and they wind up in
system-image.sh), but build.sh uses 'em as completion indicators, so...
 (I'm not shipping them.)

I also converted one of the READMEs that nobody ever reads to a web
page: http://landley.net/aboriginal/build-stages.html

I need to do the same for the other READMEs (more/README and
sources/README and so on): make 'em all web pages and then maybe people
will actually notice they exist.

I've already got a http://127.0.0.1/aboriginal/downloads/binaries/README
to convert for the binary docs.  And I should really do a page of
documentation on the control images.  (There's a README in
bootstrap-skeleton.  Hands up everybody who'd noticed...)