[Aboriginal] Fwd: Re: Aboriginal Linux

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 04:18:23 PDT 2011

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 05:55:01 -0500 Rob Landley <rlandley at parallels.com>
wrote:

> On 04/07/2011 05:17 AM, David Seikel wrote:
> > On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 06:51:50 -0500 Rob Landley
> > <rlandley at parallels.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Retry sending it form my work address?  (Yes, gmail's spam
> >> filtering is so broken I have to send this through an exchange
> >> server to get it out. I'm going to have to set up my own mail
> >> server again, aren't I?)
> >
> > I've been using a simple hack to work around gmails failings with
> > mailing lists for years, since google say it's a feature, not a bug.
>
> They're wrong.
>
> > You might notice I have a read only and a write only account on your
> > list.
>
> Yeah, I'm doing that.  It's still not working around _this_ bug.
> Gmail is saying "you already sent that message to somebody else" and
> filtering it out when I send it to a different (overlapping) group of
> people.

Naturally the moment I comment on that in this list, it stops working.
I'm not getting my emails through the read only acount. lol

/me pokes at his accounts.

Does not seem to be anything wrong there.  Oh, maybe I'm sending from
the read only account now?  How did that happen?

> > Other people have told google in no uncertain terms that filtering
> > out your own emails is a bug, NOT a feature for many years.  sigh
>
> Yes, as Google Buzz and Wave and Orkut and such show, they're never
> wrong:
>
>   http://landley.livejournal.com/48903.html

500 Internal Server Error