[Aboriginal] Resurfacing...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Dec 27 20:00:23 PST 2011

Ok, it actually took a lot of doing to get a baseconfig-busybox that
would actually build Linux From Scratch and didn't have OBVIOUS missing
things (like vi and shell history) when I pulled up a shell prompt.

I hit a fun little hitch that my LFS build scripts were depending on
CONFIG_FEATURE_NON_POSIX_CP which is frankly disgusting so I fixed the
build scripts instead.  (It's the symlinks into a read only filesystem
thing, breaking symlinks makes that work, but isn't how posix says CP
should work so not how I plan to implement toybox... it's a thing.)

That said, it's in now, and the commit comment has more details:

  http://landley.net/hg/aboriginal/rev/431d5b4ee537

Anybody care to give it a whirl?