[Aboriginal] Back to work.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 15:39:51 PDT 2011

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 18:17:08 -0500 Rob Landley <rlandley at parallels.com>
wrote:

> On 03/23/2011 09:01 AM, David Seikel wrote:
> > In the end the client seems to have decided to go for generic x86
> > systems, not the tiny 486 board I was looking at initially.
> > Performance is not a big issue though, anything better than a 486 is
> > way more than we actually need.  Plus, I still have copies of that
> > 486 board that I want to use for other things. So I'll go ahead and
> > keep working on that 486 target I had previously contributed.  I'll
> > also make a variant that works on the 486 AND generic x86s.  Like I
> > said, performance is not critical.
>
> As far as I know the 486 version does work on generic x86s?  (Or do
> you mean there's still an actual 386 system in use somewhere?)

Nope, not 386.  I'm seeing kernel panics on the old one I made last
year when running it on things more powerful than that 486.  I'll see
if it happens with the latest version.  Something for me to investigate
and send patches if needed.

After playing with it a bit, but only running things under QEMU, looks
like I'll start with the lfs bootstrap stuff and modify that a bit.
Suits my project perfectly.

Been working through the night, I'm dead tired, but I can't seem to see
if there is a way to actually run the results of building the lfs
bootstrap, under QEMU easily.  At least without hacking something up.