[Aboriginal] 83de80c10db8 troubles

Ken Burk knburk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 19:18:46 PDT 2012

Rob,

Congratulations on you new gig as maintainer of the Linux kernel
Documentation/ directory :) I have followed your work for many years
really enjoy reading and learning from anything you have to share on the
net.

I use aboriginal compiled root file systems on all my devices including a
zipit z2,og droid and 2 netbooks and cant wait to get my hands
on a raspberry pi that I signed up for a few weeks ago.

No rush on this but I thought I would let you know the latest version is
failing to build when chroot to your last release of lfs-bootstrap.
Version f19ce5e2ec02 builds fine in the same environment.

Here is where it bailed out when building the native compiler :

Applying
/04-19-12/aboriginal-83de80c10db8/sources/patches/uClibc++-unwind-cxx.patch
patching file include/unwind-cxx.h
Snapshot 'uClibc++'...
make -C extra/config conf
make[1]: Entering directory
`/04-19-12/aboriginal-83de80c10db8/build/temp-i686/uClibc++/extra/config'
make[1]: *** ../../.config: Is a directory.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/04-19-12/aboriginal-83de80c10db8/build/temp-i686/uClibc++/extra/config'
make: *** [extra/config/conf] Error 2

Exiting due to errors (i686 native-compiler uClibc++)

Also just wondering if you have ever built new qemu for lfs-bootstrap,it
needs glib and likely lots more.I also tried an older version of
qemu which failed (don't remember the error) but was remembering when qemu
used to be part of the firmware Linux build and think
it would be sweet to have again someday for building arm without using my
puppy remaster.

Ken