[Aboriginal] Working on next release.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Dec 13 00:01:17 PST 2012

Since the 3.7 kernel dropped monday evening I've been banging away at
it. Updating arm patches, perl removal patches, and so on.

They've got a special init data section that drives gcc 4.2 nuts (build
break due to section mismatch), which they've got a config symbol for
but only parisc is using it. I'd like to try to figure out how to patch
the toolchain I'm using to deal with this, but for right now I've just
made that config symbol default to Y. (Downloaded the git repo thinking
I could bisect it and see what they did to fix it, but there are no
labels for releases anywhere in the tree, nor comments about releases
in the commits. It's converted from svn, I think? Ginormous mess, and
building it requires mpfr and such... Not something I'm likely to deal
with today.)

I vaguely plan to post the updated perl removal patches to linux-kernel
once I've done a bit more testing. I also need to cut a toybox release
because I'm testing with the current hg snapshot of toybox.

The plan is still to switch to musl, but the kernel release happened
before I was ready and I don't want to fall behind again.