[Aboriginal] Merry christmas, I have found two bugs

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 12:55:04 PST 2012

Hi,

Since it's christmas and I have som extra time, I thought I'd play a
bit with aboriginal :-)  And now I think I've found two bugs. Bug 1 is
a segmentation fault during system image boot:

$ cd build/system-image-avmv5l
$ ./run-emulator.sh
[...]
Freeing init memory: 96K
Segmentation fault
8139cp 0000:00:0c.0 eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0x05E1
Not using distcc.
Type exit when done.
(armv5l:1) /home #

Not sure what exactly is segfaulting, but segfault == bug to me. And
it only happens with ./run-emulator.sh, not ./dev-environment.sh.

And bug 2 is a floating point exception in toybox "ls":
$ ./dev-environment.sh
[...]
Freeing init memory: 96K
8139cp 0000:00:0c.0 eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0x05E1
EXT4-fs (sdb): mounting ext3 file system using the ext4 subsystem
EXT4-fs (sdb): recovery complete
EXT4-fs (sdb): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
Distcc acceleration enabled.
Type exit when done.
(armv5l:1) /home # ls
Floating point exception
(armv5l:1) /home # toybox ls
Floating point exception
(armv5l:1) /home # ls -l
total 24
drwx------ 2 root root 12288 2012-12-26 20:39 lost+found
(armv5l:1) /home #

The really strange thing (at least to me) is that the floating point
exception only appears in ./dev-environment.sh, NOT ./run-emulator.sh.
And it's only "ls" that is broken, "ls -l" is ok.

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman