[Aboriginal] Distcc not distributing

Clyde Oxman clyde.oxman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 06:58:02 PST 2012

Hi All,

I'm trying to set up some build control images, and have unfortunately
found that with the latest aboriginal hg tip, distcc is not working.

The dev-environment.sh script seems to setup distcc correctly, launching
the daemon on the host and creating the distcc_links directory, but in
the emulated target environment, I constantly get 'Warning: failed to
distribute, running locally instead".

Looking at the distccd.log file, I find that it seems that distccd on
the host is continually failing to run gcc with 'exit code 110'.

Has anyone run into this?

I would really like to take full advantage of the awesome aboriginal
framework to speed up these builds.

Clyde