[Aboriginal] Distcc not distributing

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Feb 19 15:42:36 PST 2012

On 02/19/2012 08:58 AM, Clyde Oxman wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to set up some build control images, and have unfortunately
> found that with the latest aboriginal hg tip, distcc is not working.

Sigh.  Distcc is crotchety, and it has the nasty tendency to fail
_silently_, and I have no control over its' decisions when to distribute
and when not to.  (Sometimes it thinks it's "faster" to just compile it
locally, which is pretty much never the case in this setup...)

I really need to write a new one...

> The dev-environment.sh script seems to setup distcc correctly, launching
> the daemon on the host and creating the distcc_links directory, but in
> the emulated target environment, I constantly get 'Warning: failed to
> distribute, running locally instead".
>
> Looking at the distccd.log file, I find that it seems that distccd on
> the host is continually failing to run gcc with 'exit code 110'.
>
> Has anyone run into this?

Oh.  Is it related to:

  http://landley.net/hg/aboriginal/rev/1041

I fixed host-tools but may need to similarly fix the distcc setup script...