[Aboriginal] Reg: Exiting due to errors (host host-tools busybox)

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Jan 25 11:24:07 PST 2012

On 01/25/2012 12:55 PM, venkat raman wrote:
> HI,
>
> Version Using : aboriginal-1.1.0
>
> I am really sorry for not sending the complete error log message. Please
> find the attached error log file which has produced during build.

No problem.

The error is this:

/usr/include/mtd/ubi-user.h:329:3: error: conflicting types for '__packed'

Which is actually a bug in Ubuntu 11.10, which I complained about on the
busybox mailing list here:

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/busybox/2011-August/076430.html

And then again here:

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/busybox/2011-November/076916.html

Which is pretty much the reason I did this in current source control:

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/busybox/2011-November/076916.html

Tell you what: try the current source control version (which has that
fix in it):

  http://landley.net/hg/aboriginal/archive/tip.tar.bz2

The only remaining bug I need to track down is a powerpc regression, the
rest should all work.  I'm mean to ship another release again this
weekend, so it's pretty much stable and shouldn't change noticeably
before then except to fix the ppc thing.

Thanks for your patience,