[Aboriginal] armv4tl floating exception message in guest

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Apr 10 19:19:44 PDT 2013

On 04/10/2013 01:48:27 PM, mobi phil wrote:
> > All of my attempts to sit down and systematically document this
> project turn
> > into giant things like
> >
> http://speakerdeck.com/u/mirell/p/developing-for-non-x86-targets-using-qemu
> > which isn't what I'm going for. I'm actually pretty happy with how
> _short_ I
> > managed to get the recent rewrite of the about.html page.
>
> IMHO just 3 lines in the about.html what to do when something seem to
> be broken, would probably be equal value of hundreds of pages of
> documentation.

I'm open to suggestions, what should I add?

(There's also a longish FAQ which has a bunch of debugging suggestions
in it.)

> GDB: do not know how complicated it is, but also having debugging
> symbols in a separate file would pb. also make investigation easier.
> But everybody has different experience etc. I did myself printf in two
> situations (broken GDB in past on old HP machines). But I will bake my
> own gdb for this purpose, do not worry.

Ok.

> If funtoo debootstrapping would work, that would already create a gdb
> that could be reused at later stages.

I have LFS bootstrapping.

http://landley.net/aboriginal/control-images
http://landley.net/aboriginal/bin (see lfs-* tarballs).

It doesn't do gdb yet, but I could add it to something like that. (I've
been meaning to do a beyond linux from scratch image...)