[Aboriginal] Pondering an intermediate release.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Jan 9 19:12:28 PST 2013

Each new Aboriginal Linux release has mostly followed a kernel release
(with other package upgrades swept up into that as I get to them), but
the ls segfault thing is just embarassing. I'm at a reasonable release
point for toybox (fixing the ls bug and removing 3 more commands from
baseconfig-busybox), and pondering just cutting a new Aboriginal Linux
release using that now.

I'm testing linux-3.8-rc2 and it more or less works. (One patch tweak
required.) I can cut the release with -rc2 or -rc3 and then cut another
release when 3.8 proper comes out, or I can cut a second release with
3.7. Any strong opinions one way or the other?

(As an aside, I start a new job on the 21st and there's travel involved
so I've got about another week left to work on this stuff before
there's some schedule interruption. That's also contributing to the
"cut a release now" side of the scale.)