[Aboriginal] Pondering an intermediate release.

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 22:56:03 PST 2013

On 10 January 2013 04:12, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
[...]
> I'm testing linux-3.8-rc2 and it more or less works. (One patch tweak
> required.) I can cut the release with -rc2 or -rc3 and then cut another
> release when 3.8 proper comes out, or I can cut a second release with 3.7.
> Any strong opinions one way or the other?

Well, this is not a strong opinion, but I'd prefer a release with 3.7
over 3.8-rc[23]. My reasoning is that the 3.7 kernel must be more
stable because it *is* released, and the 3.8 kernel is not (it's just
an early release candidate).

But if you're making an aboriginal *release candidate*, using some
3.8-rcX is totally fine (IMO).

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman