[Aboriginal] package building problems

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Jul 3 00:06:19 PDT 2013

On 06/28/2013 08:18:33 PM, scsijon wrote:
> with aboriginal-84bd3248fad8:
>
> We have had a problem or two attempting to build a few packages, it
> was
> found that adding "UCLIBC_HAS_GETPT=y" to sources/baseconfig-uClibc
> has
> solved some of them such as rxvt.

Added it.

> On the other hand we seem to have a few expected /include '.h' files
> missing that are normally used for building with after building the
> new aboriginal to 'play with'. Such as libc.h, sys/byteorder.h,
> sys/strredir.h, sys/sockio.h, sys/sockio.h, sys/stropts.h. I was
> wondering if this is deliberate or just not used.

It's not deliberate. I'm not seeing "byteorder.h" in uClibc. (There's
an asm/byteorder.h in the kernel headers...)

   cd uClibc
   $ find . -name byteorder.h
   $ find . -type f | xargs grep byteorder
   ./libc/inet/ntohl.c:#error "You seem to have an unsupported
byteorder"

You might want to look at musl-libc.org instead, I plan to switch to
that in the next release or two. (It's much more actively maintained,
and BSD licensed.)