[Aboriginal] missing headers?

Isaac idunham at lavabit.com
Sat Jun 29 16:59:30 PDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 01:31:25PM -0700, aboriginal-request at lists.landley.net wrote:
> From: scsijon
>
> We have had a problem or two attempting to build a few packages, it was
> found that adding "UCLIBC_HAS_GETPT=y" to sources/baseconfig-uClibc has
> solved some of them such as rxvt.
>
> On the other hand we seem to have a few expected /include '.h' files
> missing that are normally used for building with after building the new
> aboriginal to 'play with'. Such as libc.h, sys/byteorder.h,
> sys/strredir.h, sys/sockio.h, sys/sockio.h, sys/stropts.h. I was
> wondering if this is deliberate or just not used.

Ubuntu Lucid, all headers installed:
$ dlocate /libc.h
$ dlocate byteorder.h|grep sys/
$ dlocate sys/strredir.h
$ dlocate strredir.h
$ dlocate sys/sockio.h
$ dlocate sockio.h
$ dlocate sys/stropts.h
libc6-dev: /usr/include/sys/stropts.h

In other wordds, the vast majority are not present on a standard Linux system.
And <sys/stropts.h> contains only this:

#include <stropts.h>