[Aboriginal] Towards a release.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Mar 11 03:49:58 PDT 2013

Got a weekend to myself, catching up on todo items.

The powerpc native build failure was another cp corner case, because
O_NOFOLLOW varies per target. I was doing an #ifndef and #define for it
in portability.h because uClibc is buggy and thinks that a Posix 2008
feature is a GNU extension, in the most rercent release as of 2013.
(I.E. define GNU_DAMMIT to get a Posix "shall define" symbol. Did I
mention feature test macros are evil? Yeah, move to musl, bump that up
a bit on the todo list...) So I patched the local copy of uClibc and
took the portability.h stanza out of toybox (the build can break if
your build environment is broken).

The arm versatile problem is that IRQ 27 for the scsi controller is
relative to the start of the interrupt controller range, and the kernel
changed the first interrupt on that controller to be 32. So if I add 32
to the 27 in the driver's irq request, it boots to a shell prompt. (The
network card is still broken because it needs the adjustment too.)

I think this is a kernel bug and that _it_ should be adding this, but I
have yet to figure out where. Working through the dump_stack()...