[Aboriginal] status report llvm on aboriginal

Alain Toussaint alain.toussaint at securivm.ca
Sat Nov 9 01:47:15 PST 2013

Hello,

Tonight, I spent a few hours working on trying to compile git and cmake
inside a x86_64 root image build from mercurial version of aboriginal but
they both fail. For git, I'm not able to compile out support for libiconv
(even specifying -without-libiconv does not cut it as it want to include
iconv support upon enabling the switch). For cmake, I think it work on
LightCube-OS because lightcube include libstdc++ while aboriginal uses
uClibc++ (and I've thought at working the requirement of including libc++
support in aboriginal but I fear this may be a chicken-eggs problem).

I'll continue hacking llvm/clang on it (during the rest of the night) but
will use tarballs as opposed to git.

Alain