[Aboriginal] building Chromium OS images on aboriginal

Alain Toussaint alain.toussaint at securivm.ca
Sun Sep 8 19:24:28 PDT 2013

Hello :)

I have my previous computer, an AMD zacate E-350 box with 8GB of ram (plenty overkill for aboriginal) and a 500GB hard drive which will serve as netatalk box to 3 mac laptop and will also be used for some development tasks which I hope to use GNUstep along Xcode on my mac and finally, building the occasional Chromium OS image for my brother's netbook. As far as Chromium goes, it build in a chroot and is self contained with actually, a Gentoo development environment and it only need sudo and chroot from the host system.

At the moment, the computer is getting its disk wiped out with dd from a gentoo minimal disk and I thought I'd use the root filesystem offered on the landley.net website and build a kernel and lilo (along with its dependancy, grub is too finicky and I'm old school) to have a basic system.

Given Chromium OS dependancies, will I be able to install aboriginal on my system? I foresee only installing ncurses to have menu when building the linux kernel.

Thanks
Alain