[Aboriginal] ash prompt disappear when using tab completion

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Sep 9 10:52:22 PDT 2013

On 09/08/2013 10:45:34 PM, Alain Toussaint wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been installing my system over ssh from my mac to the aboriginal
> system
> and the prompt as well as characters disappear behind the cursor when
> using
> tab completion or erasing characters.

You mean characters to the right of the cursor aren't redrawn correctly?

Sounds like a busybox bug.

> I did not test if it applies to bash
> 2.04 on aboriginal but on the bash from the install cd, it does not
> happen.

The bash 2.04 isn't built with curses support, and thus may not have
command line history at all. (It's really intended for scripting, ash
is the interactive one.)

The linux from scratch images have a much newer version of bash built
with ncurses support, but I dunno if I uploaded prebuilt ones of those
last release. I mean to do them for the pending release, though. (Not
quite sure when that'll be, I have to get on a plane thursday to spend
the weekend at ohio linuxfest...)