[Aboriginal] Stuff.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Jul 12 16:53:02 PDT 2014

A couple things:

1) I re-uploaded the html version of the old presentation, so that's
back now. (The account it was under was the same person who ran
impactlinux.com back when that went down, same sort of "oh were you
still using that?" sort of thing I expect.)

Took me a bit to figure out how to compress the pdf to under 50
megabytes (speakerdeck upload limit), i should probably swap out the
downloadable pdf for said compressed version... (Just under 40 megs
instead of just under 90.)

2) The musl versions of the build still aren't quite right.
Specifically, the mips and powerpc dynamic linked versions of hello
world segfault, and it has to do with -Bsymbolic-functions not quite
working right. Apparently:

$ nm -D lib/libc.so | grep __.*div
000670ec T __aeabi_ddiv
000679cc T __aeabi_fdiv
000668c4 T __aeabi_idiv
000669f0 T __aeabi_idivmod
00067c98 T __aeabi_ldivmod
000667b0 T __aeabi_uidiv
000668ac T __aeabi_uidivmod
00067cb4 T __aeabi_uldivmod
00067cd0 T __div0
000670ec T __divdf3
00068d04 T __divdi3
000679cc T __divsf3
000668c4 T __divsi3
00068cbc T __gnu_ldivmod_helper
00068c74 T __gnu_uldivmod_helper
000692a4 T __udivdi3
000667b0 T __udivsi3

Should not show anything on any target, but it does. So I need to figure
out how to fix that before I can swap out the builds.

(I could cut another release with uClibc, but it's so close. Doing the
"one more week" thing...)

3) uclibc hasn't got support for sparc or m68k, so switching entirely
over involves yanking support for two targets. (And alpha which is
halfway finished...)