[Aboriginal] Aboriginal Linux on Google play.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon May 26 17:10:30 PDT 2014

On 05/26/14 13:23, David Seikel wrote:
> I was going to start a discussion about putting Aboriginal Linux and
> toybox on Google play, and did a short bit of searching to find out if
> it had already been done.  I'm using this list coz Aboriginal Linux
> covers both, since it includes toybox.  I didn't want to cross post.
>
> Apart from finding lots of Aboriginal art work apps and kids cute
> toybox toys, I found this -
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=champion.gnuroot.aboriginal
>
> So I guess that part is taken care of.

Yup. I installed that on my phone to play with it. My phone tends to
reboot if I leave it running too long, I think there's some sort of lock
timeout going on or something. (Not sure.)

I also need to install a different keyboard app. Getting an escape out
of the default keyboard is something like volume up plus E, and I've
forgotten how cursoring around works...

> Rob, would you be OK if I put together a toybox installer app, similar
> to the existing busybox installers, and put it up on Google play?

Sure, go for it.

I'm a little out of sync with the kernel releases but trying to catch
back up. Right now I'm aiming for toybox and aboriginal releases at the
end of June.

> I can
> call it something like 'onefangs toybox installer, based on Rob
> Landley's toybox' or what ever you prefer.

I don't think you need my name in it? (Nobody had to say "Erik
Andersen's Busybox" or "Jamie Zawinski's Mozilla"...)

> For a major search based company, their app store searching system
> leaves a lot to be desired.

Yeah, I've noticed. :)