[Aboriginal] Aboriginal Linux on Google play.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Mon May 26 17:53:27 PDT 2014

On Mon, 26 May 2014 19:44:16 -0500 Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> >> Sure, go for it.
> >
> > Thanks.  I can't promise it will happen quickly, gotta sort out a
> > logo and stuff.  There's no toybox logo, is there?  Hopefully
> > something that doesn't look like a kids toybox so it stands out
> > from that crowd in the app store.
>
> Back in 2007 I spelled out "Toybox" in ascii using coke zero and pepsi
> one cans, and that's still linked at the end of:
>
> http://landley.net/toybox/about.html
>
> But as a web page background, it made the text hard to read even when
> overexposed to near-white. And as a logo, it's not hugely
> recognizeable scaled down. It was a nice in-joke when the project was
> just me, but I stopped using it because it wasn't helping...

I'm no artist, but I'm not bad at graphics mashups if I can find some
good base images.  I'm a good photographer though, so might find
something I can photograph and use as part of the artwork.  I'll see
what I can whip up.

I'm thinking a kids toybox, but over flowing with high tech tools and
stuffed pengiuns.  If I can find decent images to bolt together.