[Aboriginal] busybox awk

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Nov 6 04:21:33 PST 2014

On 11/05/14 21:22, stephen Turner wrote:
> Thanks, I have a script that downloads the latest busybox from a folder
> labeled latest which apparently hasnt been updated in a while and so I
> was using an unpatched busybox *sigh*  which has a awk bug that was
> repaired apparently a year ago so says one source. So much for being the
> latest......

Um, that's probably my fault. I used to upload busybox binaries from my
aboriginal builds to busybox.net, but haven't done so in ages because
toybox is now replacing most of the commands out of that so I haven't
bothered to upgrade the busybox version aboriginal is using in a while.

Locally I have the latest one in the build, I can upload binaries from
that next time I cut a release. (If I can remember my password to the
busybox server, anyway. Login's via ssh key but sudo prompts me. I keep
changing the permissions on the directory so I can write to it without
that and somebody keeps "fixing" it so I have to use sudo. Because
requiring me to do stuff as root is far more secure than letting my user
have write permission to specific directories...)