[Aboriginal] Aboriginal post from dahalls at gmail.com requires approval

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Oct 27 06:59:43 PDT 2014

On 10/27/14 05:16, David Halls <dahalls at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I'm having a go at compiling Go but get these error messages:
>
> Program uses unsupported TLS data!
>
> I guess this is because uClibc isn't compiled with TLS support
> (USE_TLS)? Is something bad likely to happen if I recompile uClibc with
> USE_TLS?
>
> Many thanks
>
> David

It should work. You can add it in sources/baseconfig-uClibc to switch it
on for all targets, or in the appropriate sources/targets/$FILENAME
UCLIBC_CONFIG= block to switch it on for just one.

(I actually thought I switched that on when I went from pthreads to
nptl, but I guess not. I should switch it on for everything and
regression test the linux from scratch build on all targets, but I'm
also trying to switch everything over to musl-libc where it should just
work out of the box once I've got the toolchain exporting the right darn
symbols...)