[Aboriginal] simple-root-filesystem now lives in initramfs (which is actually initmpfs).

David Halls dahalls at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 16:04:58 PDT 2015

I see this is in 1.4.0 now, right? I'd still like the root fs to be
read-only so I can be sure I'm only installing into /home when building
heddle. Can I remount / as read-only? I guess I could always go back to the
old way and append the root fs into the hda sqf.
Thanks for Aboriginal, it's really cool. I managed to build right up to
Docker and Capstan and do some stuff around atomic updates using kexec.
https://github.com/davedoesdev/heddle - was about to start writing docs but
then saw 1.4.0 so that will keep me busy for a while.
Maybe you'll be interested too that I made a project to get Aboriginal
building on Travis CI:
https://github.com/davedoesdev/build-aboriginal-travis
I also used CircleCI to get public builds of heddle using Aboriginal -
artifacts here:
http://githubraw.herokuapp.com/davedoesdev/heddle/master/.circle-ci/builds.html
and build logs here: https://circleci.com/gh/davedoesdev/heddle
Probably not of interest but I thought I'd point you to it anway :-)