[Aboriginal] aboriginal changes

Geoff Salmon gsalmon at se-instruments.com
Mon Nov 16 08:57:45 PST 2015

On 15-11-16 10:46 AM, Geoff Salmon wrote:
> On 15-11-15 06:54 PM, Geoff Salmon wrote:
>> On 11/13/2015 10:44 PM, Rob Landley wrote:
>>> There's enough of these now maybe it should be consistent. Hmmm...
>>> LOCAL? EXTRA? MY? "MY_CROSS_COMPILER=/path, MY_PATCHES=/path,
>>> MY_ROOT_FILES=/path" sorta works. EXTRA_CROSS_COMPILER doesn't make
>>> sense, and LOCAL_ROOT_FILES is slightly weird...  Sigh. Naming things,
>>> cache invalidation, and off by one errors...
>
> Do we also need MY_UCLIBC_CONFIG and MY_LINUX_CONFIG? If MY_PATCHES lets
> us add things to the kernel, we may also need to enable them in the config.

Hmm, alternatively load_target() could optionally source a MY_TARGET
file, but that might be step too far...

I see some directories are only set if not blank

export_if_blank SOURCES="$TOP/sources"
export_if_blank SRCDIR="$TOP/packages"
export_if_blank PATCHDIR="$SOURCES/patches"

maybe CONFIG_DIR should be set with export_if_blank inside load_target()
so the config can be replaced entirely if desired instead of adding
MY_UCLIBC_CONFIG and MY_LINUX_CONFIG. Anyone replacing the config target
script entirely would need to pay close attention to any changes in the
upstream script though.

--
Geoff Salmon, Software Developer

Smart Energy Instruments Inc.