[Aboriginal] aboriginal changes

Geoff Salmon gsalmon at se-instruments.com
Mon Nov 16 13:11:22 PST 2015

Hi Rob

There's a problem with my original patch that this thread stared with.

In sources/download_functions.sh, I made this change

-    for i in "$SHA1TAR" $(sha1file "$PATCHDIR/$PACKAGE"-*.patch
2>/dev/null)
+    for i in "$SHA1TAR" $(sha1file $(gather_patches))

but if there are no patches for a package then gather_patches will
return nothing and sha1file will hang because sha1sum is waiting for
input. This happens when building busybox. The original version relied on

   sha1sum 'sources/busybox-*.patch'

failing immediately and ignored the error with 2>/dev/null.

An alternate way to deal with gather_patches returning nothing would be
to modify sha1file like this:

  sha1file()
  {
-  sha1sum "$@" | awk '{print $1}'
+  sha1sum /dev/null "$@" | tail -n +2 | awk '{print $1}'
  }

Except then you can't pipe input into sha1file. I don't see this being
done anywhere, but maybe it's something you want to support.

- Geoff