[Toybox] Fwd: Re: Fwd: build help please with toybox

scsijon scsijon at lamiaworks.com.au
Fri Nov 22 18:58:07 PST 2019

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [Toybox] Fwd: build help please with toybox
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 12:22:57 +1100
From: scsijon <scsijon at lamiaworks.com.au>
To: Denys Nykula <nykula at ukr.net>
CC: toybox at lists.landley.net <toybox at lists.landley.net>

On 23/11/19 09:56, scsijon wrote:
> thanks for the help
>
> On 23/11/19 09:18, Denys Nykula wrote:
>>> scripts/kconfig/lex.zconf.c:890:16: error: ‘EINTR’ undeclared (first use
>>> in this function)
>>
>> What's your host libc and where are its headers? In apt that's libc6-dev.
>>
> and i'm in a Quirky named Xenial Xerus (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).
> libc and libc6 both v2.23 at /lib/x86_64-gnu-linux and
> /usr/include/x86_64-gnu-linux;
> linux headers and kernel are v4.4.44 if of interest;
> ?maybe to old?

----------------------------------

And trying with Open Embeded fails with an error relating to gcc being
too old at 6.3.0! I'm trying a deb buster with a 8.3.0 next, my last
alternative, damn I wanted one of these to work (preferably the
first),beginning to think this may be a bust of a way to build something
simple and very minimal from scratch.

--------------------------------

Well I eventually got it's linux-busybox-syslinux to build a xorriso iso
on top of a deb buster with gcc 8.3.0 and a pile of other updates,
somewhat dissapointing really.

Now i'm going to replace the busybox with toybox and see if it's worth
persevering, not sure really at this point.

Many thanks again Denys for the versions idea, after relooking, there
was nothing about minimum package versions in their doc's, just packages
that need to be installed and I had all of them already installed and
available and it was suppose to build without problems on ubuntu.

I'll use this thread with a report to the list on results found.

regards to all