[Toybox] Poke about various minor patches

Oliver Webb aquahobbyist at proton.me
Tue Apr 23 08:01:25 PDT 2024

Like I've said before, I'm trying not to flood Rob with patches. And poking about the
larger todo items every week wouldn't be helpful to anybody. So here's some of the smaller
patches that are >1 week old:

UTF-8 Handling Patchs:
http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/toybox-landley.net/2024-April/030285.html -- Comment Change in utf8towc()
http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/toybox-landley.net/2024-April/030290.html -- Swap out old UTF8 conversion function with wctoutf8()
A note on this: wctoutf8 has a bug where if you give MAX_INT it writes one 0xff byte, actual invalid UTF-8. I've touched lib.c
enough in these patches that I don't wanna create merge conflicts by submitting yet another lib.c patch
(http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/toybox-landley.net/2024-April/030293.html)

Config system:
http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/toybox-landley.net/2024-April/030289.html -- Add config symbols so "make ipsubcmd" works
http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/toybox-landley.net/2024-April/030291.html -- Fix some single command Builds (The "make ipsubcmd" problem)

I also submitted another bc.c cleanup patch that removes the -w and -s options, and shrinks the codebase by about 400 lines I think.
I can't dig it up on the list archive, so it's attached.

-   Oliver Webb <aquahobbyist at proton.me>