[Aboriginal] Back to work.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 07:01:28 PDT 2011

A) I finally found out this list got moved.  2) The client finally
pulled his finger out and is now serious about the project I want to
use aboriginal linux for.  III) The actual aboriginal living downstairs
has so far decided he does not object to the name, though more likely
he does not know about it.

In the end the client seems to have decided to go for generic x86
systems, not the tiny 486 board I was looking at initially.
Performance is not a big issue though, anything better than a 486 is
way more than we actually need.  Plus, I still have copies of that 486
board that I want to use for other things. So I'll go ahead and keep
working on that 486 target I had previously contributed.  I'll also
make a variant that works on the 486 AND generic x86s.  Like I said,
performance is not critical.

I know the client might have trouble coming up with the money, that's
why I make him pay monthly in advance.  B-)

At least the initial work I'll be able to use for other projects, so it
wont be until he has invested heavily in the project and it is near the
end that we get into the area of "not useful for others".  So some of
the work I do I can contribute back to the aboriginal linux project.

It's good to be back.