[Aboriginal] Breakage while building LFS7.2

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Nov 5 08:58:50 PST 2012

On 11/03/2012 03:06:39 AM, Prasanna Balan wrote:

> It was not building the image and I was confused why. The patch I
> gave was a patch on top of the current tree that I was using (trying)
> to build the image.
> Turns out that tzdata didn't get extracted properly.Unlike all other
> packages, it doesn't has a subfolder inside the tarball. Hence mv
> command was breaking.
> So, I added lines to the extract function to make a directory and now
> it's done. Can build a proper image.
>
> Now is the time to change pkg-list and build-scripts used for building
> packages
>
> PS: I now repent as to why in the first place I cared about tzdata.
> It's
> needed to set timezone when using glibc. Not needed here.

It's nice to be able to use the lfs bootstrap to set up a glibc chroot
on the target. If people _want_ glibc, we should be able to get them a
glibc system without ever actually cross compiling glibc. :)

Remember, one of the goals of the project is to eliminate the need for
cross compiling.

Thanks. Sorry I've been distracted recently, still catching up...